2018年8月1日水曜日

How long to live-Sr.3-Aug.1


What is an appropriate question to ask about life, just how long to live or live a healthy life? Some may say as long as they can because they can’t think of dying while others say as long as they are healthy and active. Some researchers think people can live much longer, say hundreds of years. Tech investors are putting money on researches on longevity. Genetic research and engineering, advanced medical technologies and treatment, and healthier diet and lifestyle may someday prolong the lifespan by years or even decades. But in what physical, cognitive and mental conditions?
It seems that beyond technologies and treatment, there are essential factors that keep the life more enjoyable and meaningful, such as physical activities, social connection, and mental stimulation.

=> Speak How long do you want to live?

=> Assignment-2 Write your answer in five to eight sentences by Aug.13.

15 件のコメント:

  1. I want to live until 101 years old .
    Many Technologies are now advanced rappidly ,and they are more developed in the future.I'd like to see the world situation in the 22 centuries.
    Keeping healthy in old ages is to do execise and talk others .
    These things make us keep younger and feel fun to live lifetime.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Why 101?
      #2 ... are advancing...and they will advance ...
      #3 What does this sentence explain or support?

      削除
    2. Technologies are now advancing rappidly ,and they will advance in the future.
      I 'd like to live not only in the 21 centuries but also in the22 centuries

      削除
  2. I want to live until 80 years old.
    It isn’t necessarily good to live long.
    If I live so long, I will have illnesses and need help from others.
    It is boring and it causes me suffering.
    Also I have enough time to do what I want to do if I can live until 80.
    So I don’t need to live longer.

    返信削除
  3. I want to live until 200 years old.
    Nobody else lives to be two hundred so I would like to live much longer than normal people.
    To live longer makes me able to know more about what has happened to the world than people.
    Also,if I lived much longer than anyone, my name would apper in the Guinness book.
    I think it's easy to realize because nowadays we can cure diseases by using medicine and treatment.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Well explained and supported.
      #... allows me to ...

      削除
    2. To live longer allows me to know more about what has happened to the world than people.

      削除
  4. I want to live until about 70 years old.
    I don't want to live too long because I think it is boring.
    Even if we can live over 100 years safety.
    And if I get older and older, I think I became worse person.
    I scared it.


    Sorry, I thought the dead line is before class.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Why 70, not 60 or 80?
      #2 Why it's boring?
      #4 What do you mean by worse person?

      削除
    2. I want to live until about 70 years old.
      The first reason is I think 80 is too long because 20 year after retire and 60 is too early because I don't have any time after retirement.
      The second reason is I think live too long is boring because the thing I have to do decrease after retirement.
      Even if we can live over 100 years safety.
      The last reason is if I get older and older, I think I will get serious problem in my mind.
      I scared it.
      These three reason is the reason why I want to live until about 70.

      削除
  5. I want to live until 126 years old.
    My birtyday is January 26th, so this is my lucky number.
    However, I don't have confidence to live such a long year even if the medical treatment would develoved.
    In fact, the latest investigation about life span in developed countries shows that the it become shorter.
    One main reason is the flu.
    It's possible that strong flu appear and attack my old and week body.


    I'm sorry that I can't write my answer in proper term.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. #2 explains clearly why 126.
      The rest doesn't explain anything.

      削除
  6. I want to live until 100 years old.
    I would like to see grand children's wedding and children.
    I need to live over 100 years old to see my grand grandchildren.
    I live the longer, the more free time I have.
    I may run out what should I do and boring.
    But I think my life become more happy because the relative increase.
    If I have many relatives, I have partner who talk with.

    返信削除
  7. i want to live until 65 years old.
    I feel the life after quitting my job isn’t necessary.
    Also, living too long cause some illnesses such as kneeache and just sleeping on the bed.
    I have less powerful mind to live than other teenagers.
    I don’t want to use my money to cure illness, want to buy something good for me, my parents or my children.

    返信削除