Write about how you studied before you learned about the brain in
one or two sentences
and how you plan to study now in 4-6 sentences.
Plan & Write Brainstorm B/p.41: Complete the chart.
Tips: Try using comparative: play quieter music, study harder in a shorter time, start studying earlier.
when I try to remember new words, focus on my studies,
work on/finish the tasks/assignment
[Before] I used to read the same notes over and over. I studied
very late at night, so I didn't focus on my studies very well. I
listened to music while I was studying. I thought music helped me study better,
but it didn't.
[Now] Now I need to improve my
study activities.
I will study
in a quiet place, so I can learn better. Also, I will review
new materials many times, but I will practice for a short time.
Concentration helps me learn better. In addition, I will test myself
from time to time. This will help me find what I learned
well or not.
Shuntaro
返信削除I used to study a lot before because I didn’t make a plan to finish my study
homework. I also got on a smartphone a lot while I was studying, so I couldn’t focus on studies.
Now I need to study a little every day and concentrate on studying. I will make a plan to study by two weeks before the test. I should do my homework every day in free time. In addition, I will turn off my smartphone or put it away from my room while I’m studying.
90 words. Very well written and explained!
削除#1 a lot=> for a long time
#2 got on a ~ => checked my ~ my studies.
#3 study a little=> for a shorter time
#4 by two weeks=> at least two weeks before …
#5 I should …=> Also, I will … in my free time.
(Before) I didn’t do my workbooks in early time, so I usually do it late at night before the deadline line. Also, I didn’t repeat them.
返信削除(Now)I’ll start studying earlier. If I finished them, I’ll do them again and again. I can’t study for a long time, so I’ll study harder in a shorter time and focus on study.
It’s difficult for me to change my study habit, but I’ll do it with toughness.
73 words. Well explained.
削除#1 do my workbooks=> work on my assignments in early time=> until very late do=> did at night=> during the night before …
#2 repeat them=> review what I did.
#4 I finished=> When I finish my assignments, do them=> review them
#5 focus on my studies
#6 habits I’ll do it with toughness=> I’ll try to improve my studies.
(Before) I didn’t work on my assignments until very late do, so I usually do it late during the night before the deadline line.
削除Also, I didn’t review what I did. (Now)I’ll start studying earlier. When I finish my assignments, I’ll review them again and again. I can’t study for a long time, so I’ll study harder in a shorter time and focus on my study. It’s difficult for me to change my study habit, but I’ll try to improve my studies.
I used to study many subjects while listening to music.
返信削除Now, I will be able to concentrate only studying.
Music give me a motivation, but I couldn’t learn new information well.
I want to learn it completely and correctly.
So, I listen to music a little time before studying, and I will concentrate studying after that.
56 words. Well explained.
削除#1 many subjects=> many subjects at a time. Also, I listened to … while I was …
#2 will be able to …=> I’ll try to concentrate on my studies.
#3 give me …=> motivates me to study,
#4, 5=> … want to study more efficiently, so I will … for a short time … concentrate on my studies
I used to study many subjects at a time. Also, I listened to music while I was studying.
削除Now, I’ll try to concentrate on my studies.
Music motivates me to study, but I couldn’t learn new information well.
I want to study more efficiently.
So, I will listen to music for a short time before studying, and I will concentrate on my studies.
(Before)
返信削除I didn't start studying early, so I sometimes study for a long time until midnight. I talked with my friends while I was studying.
(Now)
I will start studying early to sleep for a long time. I can't remamber a lot of things on midnight. I can't remember a lot of things if I sleepy, too. Also, I will study in a quiet place, such as library, cafe and so on. I can't foucs studying if I talking with my friends while I studying, but I think teaching is good way to learn, so I'll study with my friends sometimes.
In addition, I'll mostly study in a quiet place, but I'll sometimes study with my friends.
115 words. You can write better if you plan before writing.
削除#1 study=>
#2 => Also, … on the phone.
#3 early=> earlier …, so I can sleep longer.
#4,5 I can’t … things in midnight when I feel sleepy.
#6 the library
#7 focus on my studies if I talk … but I think=> I think …
#8 ???
(Before) I had my smartphone nearby to search for things that aren’t immediately clear.
返信削除(Now) I will go to cram school study room. I can concentrate on studying there.
My rivals are there, too, so I think I can study hard. If I have a lot of my homework, it maybe useful.
50 words. Well explained.
削除#1 aren’t => isn’t <= so what?
#2 go to the study room of the cram school.
#4 study hard=> study harder with them.
#5 maybe=> may be useful for what???
I listened to music while I was studying, so I didn't focus on my studies so well.
返信削除I didn't repeat the words when I memorize words.
I will study in a quiet place to focus more.
I will listen music and study in a different time.
I will repeat the words many times when I memorize words.
57 words. Good!
削除#2 when I memorize=> when I tried to memorize new words.
#3 … on my studies
#4 listen to music while/before?
Also, I’ll study in a …=> study in different times
#5 In addition, …
when I memorize …=> when I try to … new words.
I listened to music while I was studying, so I didn't focus on my studies so well.
削除I didn't repeat the words when I tried to memorize new words.
I will study in a quiet place to focus more on my studies.
Also, I will listen music and study in different time.
In addition, I will repeat the words many times when I try to memorize new words.
I used to study math while watching movies.
返信削除Now, I don’t watch them, so I can concentrate on solving math problems, and solve them quickly. I’ll never watch something interesting things while I’m studying because it’s a waste of time.I believe I’ll be able to got great scores on the next math test.
#2 ... problems faster.
削除#3 ... watch anything that could interrupt my studies.
#4 => If I do all these, I'll ...
I used to study math while watching movies.
返信削除Now, I don’t watch them, so I can concentrate of solving problems, and solve problems faster. I’ll never watch anything that could interrupt my studies while I’m studying because it’s a waste of time. If I do all these, I’ll be able to get great scores on the next math test.