Read Par.4
“Most competitive swimmers were happy about
the ban (on high-tech swimsuits).”
If you were a competitive swimmer, would you
support or disagree with the ban on high-tech swimsuits?
1. Write your response in
four to five sentences.
If I were a ~, I’d certainly/definitely/most likely/probably …
(2. Write
another paragraph as a sports fan in four to five sentences, starting with;)
However, as a sports fan, / As a sports fan, I …
Tamaki
返信削除If I were a competitive swimmer, I’d probably support the idea.
it is not good that only wealthier athletes can buy expensive, high-tech suits. Sports should be fair. Athlests who don’t have enough money to buy that suits like young athletes should have a chance to win a race. Also, I would compete with other athletes in the flesh if I were a competitive swimmer.
65 words.
削除#1 the idea=>
#2 unnecessary
#4 that suits like …=> such expensive swim suits should also …
#5 ??? I would …<= Does this support the TS???
If I were a competitive swimmer, I’d probably support the ban on high-tech suits. Sports should be fair. Athletes who don’t have enough money to buy such expensive suits should also have a chance to win a race. Also, by not using the high-tech suits, it leads to improving the athletes’ abilities. They will focus more on their practices to swim faster without relying on the high-tech suits.
削除If I were a competitive swimmer, I would agree with the ban on high-tech swimsuits.
返信削除Those swimsuits can make some swimmers much faster, so the race would not be fair.
The result should be decided by the swimmer’s practice and effort.
If they are banned, everyone can compete under the same conditions.
52 words.
削除#2 … much faster … so, the race …=> … make the swimmers swim faster than they can with ordinary swimsuits.
#3 The result …<= What result?
Don’t swimmers with high-tech swimsuits practice and make effort?
#4 “they”=>
If I were a competitive swimmer, I would disagree with the ban on high-tech swimsuits. I think sports should be fair and athletes should be competitive no matter what they wear. The graph on the article shows us that swimmers broke 43 world records in 2009 thanked to they wore the high-tech swimsuits. Also, they didn't compete with their performance, but with their high-tech swimsuits.
返信削除65 words.
削除#2 => Swimming competition can be competed regardless of the swimwear.
#3 <= So what? Does it make the competition fairer or more exciting???
#4 Who are “they”? Does this support your TS???
If I were a competitive swimmer, I would agree with the ban on high-tech swimsuits. I think sports should be fair and athletes should be competitive no matter what they wear. The graph on the article shows us that swimmers broke 43 world records in 2009 by wearing the high-tech swimsuits. It means athletes can break the world records if they wear the high-tech suit without their real abilities.
削除If I were a competitive swimmer, I would definitely support the ban on high-tech swimsuits. Without them, the difference between swimmers would be smaller and making it more competitive. It will be a simple game of skill and fairer. Also, banning high-tech suits would increase the value of training, improve players' skills, and motivate them.
返信削除55 words. Very well explained.
削除#2 Without them, => If swimmers … the difference …=> swimmers will …
#3 It will …=> The competition will …
#4 increase=> enhance
If I were a competitive swimmer, I would support the ban on high-tech swimsuits. Wearing the swimsuits mean not to show true potential. If there were swimsuits that beyond the abilities of athletes, there would be a risk that would be a competition for swimsuits quality. Also, it is unfair for poor athletes because only wealthier athletes can buy high-tech swimsuits.
返信削除61 words.
削除#2 the swimsuits<= what swimsuits?
mean not to show true potential=> gives the swimmer unfair advantage
#3 that beyond=>
… would be a risk that would …=> it would be a swimsuits competition rather than a swimmers competition.
#4 buy=> wear
Shizuka
返信削除If I were a competitive swimmer, I’d probably agree with this statement.
If athletes who use the swimsuit only win the competition, sports are replaced by technology. It is unfair that athletes lose the opportunity to win because of technology.
Sports must be fair for everyone.
However, as a sports fan, I want to see the fastest swimming. Maybe it’s so interesting and exciting. But I think the swimsuit is only used in exhibition match. The technology should be used for enjoyment.
[1] 46 words. #2=> If only the athletes who … win …, sports will no longer be competed by humans but by technology.
削除#3 lose the opportunity=> lose opportunities to compete fairly
[2] #1 fastest swimming competitions. #2 Maybe<=?
#3 But I think …<= Does this sentence support the TS?
If I were a competitive swimmer, I’d probably agree with this statement. If only the athletes who use the swimsuit only win the competition, sports will no longer be competed by humans but by technology. It is unfair that athletes lose opportunities to compete fairly.
削除Sports must be fair for everyone.
However, as a sports fan, I want to see the fastest swimming competitions. I sure that the competitors are so interesting and exciting. We also have the right to simply enjoy sports.