2024年7月27日土曜日

Long or Short Vacation-Jul 27

Which do you prefer, a long vacation or a few short vacations?
Write your response in four to five sentences.
1. Answer: I prefer … 
2. Reason-1: ~ vacation … (3. Explain-1: I can …) 4. Reason-2: Also, … (5. Explain-2: I like …)
[Long] I prefer a long vacation to a few short vacations.  (=I like A more than B)
SS-1  I can travel to places that I've never been to if I have a long vacation.
   <= I like to enjoy the scenery, cultures, and foods in different places.
SS-2  Also, I like to relax for a long time. 
   <= When I have school, I rarely have time to relax or do what I want.
[Short] 1. I prefer … I like ...
SS-1  First, it’s stressful to go back to school/work after a long vacation.
   <= 3. It takes me weeks to get used to the daily routine.
SS-2  Also, I always think a two-day weekend is too short to do things I want.
   <= 5. If I had a few short vacations, I would enjoy a short trip with my family more often.

19 件のコメント:

  1. I prefer a long vacation to a few short vacations.

    I like traveling other countries and prefectures.
    = The experience of travel is very important for my future.

    We can stay there long.
    = I’d like to learn their own histories and eat delicious food.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 43 words. Very good. Explain why a long vacation is better.
      #1 traveling to other places in different …
      #2 travel-> traveling
      #3=> If …, I can … #4 own<= unnecessary

      削除
    2. I prefer a long vacation to a few short vacations.

      I like traveling to other places in different countries and prefectures.
      The experience of traveling is very important for my future.

      If I have a long vacation, I can stay there long.
      If I only have short vacations, I can’t learn their histories and eat delicious food.

      削除
  2. I prefer a few short vacation to a long vacation.
    I like to enjoy the cultures, and foods, but I don't want to stay there for a long time.
    I love Japanese foods, cultures, and toiles better than any other countries.
    Also, I don't want to worry about my school things.
    I want to relax anytime during vacation.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 58 words. Explain why you prefer a few short vacations to one long vacation. What can you enjoy during short vacations?
      #1 vacation=>
      #2 why cultures and foods??? There<= where???
      #3 This sentence doesn’t explain why you prefer a few short vacations.
      #4 Why? When? #5 anytime<=???

      削除
    2. I prefer a few short vacations to a long vacation.
      I like to stay on different coutries, but I don't want to stay there for a long time.
      I like to enjoy different culutres and foods, but I love Japanese foods, cultures, and toiles better than any other countries.
      Also, I don't want to worry about my school things during vacation, such as homework.
      I want to relax during vacation.

      削除
  3. Tamaki
    I prefer a few short vacation to a long vacation.
    I want to go a place that I like in different seasons.
    I can’t do that if I have a long vacation.
    Also, I’m always think that only one-day weekend is too hard to do things I like with doing homework.
    I want to make a long time to concentrate on doing things I like more often.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 67 words. Pay attention to the basic grammar!
      #1 vacation=> #2 go a place=>
      #3 have just one …
      #4 I’m always think=> with doing homework=> because I …
      #5 make a long time<=??? want to have enough time?

      削除
    2. I prefer a few short variations to a long vacation.
      I want to go to a place that I like in different seasons.
      I can’t do that if I have just one long vacation.
      Also, I’m always think that only one-day weekend is too hard to do things I like with doing homework.
      I want to have enough time to concentrate on doing things I like more often.

      削除
  4. I prefer a long vacation to a few short vacations.
    A long vacation can refresh myself and reduce stress.
    It has good effects on my health.
    Also, I can experience new things during a long vacation.
    It may have an unexpected encounter with someone and somethings.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 46 words. Very well explained.
      #2 can refresh=> refreshes, reduces myself=> me/my brain
      #4 “It”<= What?
      => I may be able to encounter someone or something that … during a long vacation.

      削除
    2. I prefer a long vacation to a few short vacations.
      A long vacation refreshes me and reduces stress.
      It has good effects on my health.
      Also, I can experience new things during a long vacation.
      I may be able to encounter someone or something during a long vacation.

      削除
  5. I prefer a long vacation to a short vacation.
    I can travel abroad if I have a long vacation.
    I like to travel and eat foods in many countries.
    Also, I have many free days in a long vacation.
    So, I can hang out with my friends more often.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 49 words. Rewrite the second reason.
      #1 a short vacation=> #3 many different countries.
      #4/5<= You can do that in a few short vacations!

      削除
    2. I prefer a long vacation to a short vacation.
      I can travel abroad if I have a long vacation.
      I like to travel and eat foods in many different countries.
      Also, I can start something new.
      I have enough time to learn something new in a long vacation.

      削除
  6. Shizuka
    I prefer a few short vacations to a long vacation.
    First, we have something to go in long vacation. It’s stressful to do many homework and club activities.
    Also I always think only having one day off is too short to get enough rest. If I have a few short vacations, I can not only get enough rest, but also I can read many books.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 65 words. Well explained!
      #2 we=> I,
      have something to go=> can visit somewhere during a …
      #3 It is …=> It’ll ease the stress from … What are club activities??? #4 one day off=> one-day weekend
      #5 … rest but not …

      削除
  7. Shuntaro
    I prefer a long vacation to a few short vacations.
    I can go to so many places that I have never been to and have fun with my friends and family. I want to experience a lot of things that I can’t in a short vacation.
    Also, I want to relax as much as I can. I want to rest my body that I got tired by school and club activities.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 71 words. Well explained.
      #2 => go to many places
      #3 that I can’t in=> that I can’t do during …
      #4 much=> long
      #5 => I need a long time to rest because I’m …
      What are club activities???

      削除