Which professor’s
suggestion do you agree with the most to improve your English reading skills? Why?
Write your response in a
paragraph.
Write another
paragraph about how you will study English.
#1: Not enough explained as to
why you agree with the suggestion. Any example?
#2: Add another thing you will/may
do, starting with “Also, …”
Tamaki
返信削除I agree with the suggestion to set a fast pace when reading English texts.
When I set a specific fast pace for reading, I think I'll try to read even faster than that pace. I can improve my skill by challenging myself.
I will set a fast pace which is a little bit difficult for me to keep up when I read English texts. By setting a fast pace and trying to increase the speed to read, I will be able to read faster.
42+42 words. Try to explain why more specifically, maybe with an example.
削除Par.1: Why did you break the line within a paragraph? I think I will …<= not supporting your response. Challenging myself<=?
Par.2: #1=> When I …, I will … to … Just one sentence to support the TS?
I agree with the suggestion that students mark up their textbooks. By marking up their textbooks with pens or highlighters, students can quickly identify important parts when they read them again.
返信削除I suggest that students circle the reverse words, such as but and however.
Sentences which include these reverse words show us the author’s questions or essential points. Students can read faster by focusing on these important points.
31+37 words. Break the line only when you move to another paragraph. (Par.2)
削除Par.1: Write another sentence to support your response.
Par.2: “I suggest …” for “how you will study English???
I agree with the suggestion that students mark up their textbooks. By marking up their textbooks with pens or highlighters, students can quickly identify important parts when they read them again. I always mark up the unknown worlds, and it makes me convenient to remember when I reflect them.
削除I will check the reverse words, such as but and however. Sentences that include these reverse words tend to explain the author’s questions or essential points. By focusing on these important points, I can get information quickly.
I agree with the professor who said it is not a good idea to look up the meaning of each word while reading. If we stop to check each new word, it becomes hard to stay focused and understand the meaning of the passage.
返信削除It is better to guess the meaning from the context and keep reading. This helps me understand how the words are used in real sentences, and I can read faster and learn new words more naturally.
44+36 words. Par 2 is well explained.
削除Par.1: Write another sentence to support your response.
Par.2: “It is better to …” for “how you will study English??? => I will …
Meaning of …
Akinari
返信削除I agree with the suggestion that one shouldn't speak while reading each word. My reading speed is slow. And I understood why by reading this suggestion. I often try to pronounce a word that I don't know, and that is slowing my reading speed. This is because I agree with the suggestion.
I will study English by learning more words. I think I understood the basics of reading and writing, but I don't know enough words. I want to improve both my reading and writing speed.
52+34 words. Well explained.
削除Par.1: Combine #2 and #3 that is slowing=> that slows This is because …<= unnecessary.
Par.2: don't know enough words=> my vocabulary … I want to …<=??? Also, I will …
I agree with the suggestion that one shouldn't speak while reading each word. My reading speed is slow. And I understood why by reading this suggestion. I often try to pronounce a word that I don't know, and that is slowing my reading speed. So, I agree with the suggestion.
削除I will study English by learning more words. I think I understood the basics of reading and writing, but I don't have enough vocabulary. I want to improve both my reading and writing speed. Also, I want to learn words used in daily conversation to improve my communication skills.
I agree with the idea that we should read in small groups of words or phrases that contain meaning.
返信削除Now, It takes a long time to read sentences because I try to understand a meaning of a word specifically. So, I will read textbook as I make a slash to understand a small group of the meaning.Also, it is important to understand outline of the story even if there are some difficult words.
19+54 words. No explanation in the first paragraph?
削除Par.1: Why?????
Par.2: #1 a meaning=> the … of a word=> of the words I …
#2 read textbook=> the text … textbook as I make a slash …=> I will make … when I …
Also, it is important … => Also, I will …
I agree with the idea that we should read in small groups of words or phrases that contain meaning. It enables us to understand the general structure of the sentence.
削除Now, it takes a long time to read sentences because I try to understand the words I don't know. I will make a slash to understand a small group of the meaning when I read the text in a textbook. Also, I will read outline of the story even if there are some difficult words.
Shizuka
返信削除I agree with the suggestion to set a fast pace when reading English texts. I sometimes stop to remember the meaning of words, so It takes me a long time to understand what the sentences say.
I use audio with my text to adjust my reading speed. At least, I can understand the sentences at the same speed as the audio. When I get used to the speed, I can read faster than the audio.
36+39 words. Why did you post it so late?
削除#1 Meaning of words=> meaning of unfamiliar words. , so It …=> It takes …
#2 I use …=> I will … At least, <=??? I can … => This way, I can practice … speed, I can …=> , I’ll … Why faster?
I agree with the suggestion to set a fast pace when reading English texts. I sometimes stop to remember the meaning of unfamiliar words. It takes me a long time to understand what the sentences say. I will use audio with my text to adjust my reading speed. This way, I can practice reading at the same speed as the audio and I can understand same speed. When I get used to the speed, I will be able to try to read faster than the audio. As a result, I can set a fast pace that I can understand.
削除