2024年11月6日水曜日

Writing-Nov 6

Write a paragraph about your favorite sport to play or watch
A. Brainstorm/p.113: what, why, when, where, who-> B. Plan: 
Begin your paragraph with a topic sentence (TS) that introduces your main idea. 
Write two supporting sentences (SS-1, SS-2) with a supporting detail (explanation/example) for each SS.
Prepare the supporting points (SS) before writing. 
Try using “Also, “ “In addition,” to clarify the SSs.

TS: My favorite sport is biking. Or Biking is my favorite sport.
SS-1: I like to bike often. I usually ride my bike three times a week
Sometimes I meet my friend Gavin early in the morning, and we bike together before school. 
SS-2: It is exciting because we see different parts of the city. <= SS because D
SS-3: I like biking because it makes me feel better
For example, I am tired when I wake up, but after I bike, I feel strong and healthy. 
CS: It is nice to be outside and free

22 件のコメント:

  1. My favorite sport is badminton.
    I like the sound of smash in badminton.
    I'm excited when I make it.
    Also, badminton doesn't have any dangerous things like boxing.
    We don't need to buy any item but a racket and shuttles.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 40 words. Very well explained!
      #2 the smashing sound
      #3 it-> one
      #4 have any=> involve any <= need a Detail
      #5 This is an SS=> In addition,

      削除
    2. My favorite sport is badminton.
      I like the smashing sound.
      I'm excited when I make one.
      Also, badminton doesn't involve any dangerous things like boxing, because shuttles are so light, and they aren't fast.
      In addition, we don't need to buy any item but a racket and shuttles.

      削除
  2. My favorite sport is badminton.I like it because I used to play badminton with my friends at school club activity.I learned many skill of them.
    Additionally, I play badminton in P.E. class now.I don't like sport but playing badminton is fun for me.
    Also, playing badminton are healthy.I have to move many times so I can be more healthy.
    It is nice for me to play a badminton.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 68 words. Make sure to a “D” gives more detail explanation to the “SS”.
      #2 => I used to play it on the school badminton club.
      #3 skill of them=>
      #4 Additionally, …=> Also, …
      #5 This sentence doesn’t give any detail to #4 (SS)
      #6 Also, => In addition, are=>
      #7 move what??? more healthy=>
      #8 a badminton=>

      削除
    2. My favorite sports is badminton.
      I like it because I used to play it on the school badminton club.
      I learned many skill of it.
      Also, I play badminton in P.E. class now.
      In addition, playing badminton can be healthy because of we have to always moveing.
      It is nice for me to play it.

      削除
  3. My favorite sport to watch on TV is baseball.
    It doesn’t need to know detail about rules.
    I watch the game with scoreboard on TV.
    I able to realize which team has been offending quickly.
    I enjoy watching the game if I wasn’t watching from the beginning.
    I feel excited when I see the audiences in the stadium.
    Their reactions are so honestly, and fun to watch.
    It’s is nice to watch in my free time.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 76 words. Clarify which sentences are “SS”.
      #2 It doesn’t=> I don’t … detail=> details of the rules
      #3 the game=> with scoreboard=> with a …
      #4 I able=> has been=> is offending
      #5 What does this sentence explain???
      #6 => Also, … audiences=> audience
      #7 honostly=>
      #8 It’s is=> watch what??

      削除
  4. My favorite sport is soccer.
    I usually watch a soccer game on TV every weekends. I sometimes watch it at a stadium with my friends.
    I feel so excited when my favorite team scores points. A goal in the last minutes of the game makes me feel more excited.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 49 words. Try using “Also,” to introduce another “SS”.
      #2 every weekends=>
      #3 it=> a match/game
      a stadium=> the stadium (if you usually go to the same stadium)
      #4 scores points=> scores a goal

      削除
  5. Tamaki
    My favorite sports is basketball.
    I like to watch a basketball game. I check how my favorite team wins every day after school. When the team loses in an important game, I feel so bad.
    It is exciting to watch a game in real time.
    I usually surprise about the play that players do because it’s impossible to do that kind of play for me.
    It is great to support a favorite team.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 73 words. Try using “Also, “ to introduce another SS.
      #1 sports is=>
      #5 in real time=> at a stadium
      #6 I usually surprise=>
      #7 What does this sentence explain? Is this an SS?

      削除
    2. My favorite sport is basketball.
      I like to watch a basketball game. I check how my favorite team wins every day after school. When the team loses in an important game, I feel so bad.
      It is exciting to watch a game at a stadium.
      Also, I’m usually surprised about the play that players do because it’s impossible to do that kind of play for me.

      削除
  6. My favorite sport is swimming.
    I like individual competitions. Individual competitions don’t cause problems for others. For example, if I get bad results, it is all my fault.
    Swimming is fun to move and to watch. Swimming is over faster than other sports. So, people will never get bored. We can njoy a slowly swim in the sea or a swimming pool with friends.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 64 words. Clarify which you are writing about, to swim or to watch swimming. Try using "Also, " to introduce another SS.
      #2 participating or watching?
      #3 for others=> to others
      #4 bad results=> a bad result
      #5 move and to watch<= Which???
      #6 over faster=>
      #7 njoy a slowly swim=>

      削除
    2. My favorite sport is swimming. I like to swim.
      I like individual competitions.
      Individual competitions don’t cause problems to others.
      For example, if I get a bad result, it is all my fault.
      Also, swimming has a shorter competition time than other sports.
      So, people will never get bored.

      削除
  7. Shizuka
    My favorite sport is volleyball. I can’t play volleyball well, so I prefer to watch it on TV.
    Volleyball is a sport that players can’t hold ball, so the game is so fast. At the same time, it happened many things.
    It makes me excited because it happens what I can’t imagine. There are many ways of get points.
    Volleyball game has many great play. For example, the The libero gets the ball up just in time.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 77 words. Clarify which sentence is an SS.
      #2 , so=> but I enjoy …
      #3, 4 => A volleyball match moves fast while players …
      #5 => Also, it happens what I …=> there are many things happen that …
      #6 many ways of get=>
      #8 ???

      削除
    2. My favorite sport is volleyball. I can’t play volleyball well, but I enjoy watching it on TV.
      Volleyball is a sport that players can’t hold ball.
      A volleyball match moves fast while players do many things
      It makes me excited. Also it happens what I can’t imagine. There are many ways of get points.
      Volleyball game has many great play. For example, the libero who receiving specialty positions gets the ball up just in time.

      削除
  8. My favorite sport is tennis.
    I like it because tennis makes me fun.
    By playing tennis, I can reduce the stress.
    I have played tennis from I was elementary school student.
    Since I started playing tennis, I could enjoy many sports.
    I usually play it with my friends in the park.
    It is exciting that playing a match together.
    It is great for me to play tennis.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 67 words. Clarify which sentence is an SS.
      #2 tennis makes me fun=> it makes me feel …
      #3 By playing=> When I play …
      #4 from=> an …
      #5 What does this sentence explain? SS or D???
      #7 Is this another SS? If so, try using “In addition, …”

      削除
    2. favorite sport is tennis.
      I like it because tennis makes me feel better.
      When I play tennis with team members, I can reduce the stress.
      I have played tennis when I was elementary school student.
      At that time, I went to a tennis club once a week.
      I usually play it with my friends in the park.
      In addition, we sometimes play a match in a tournament.
      It is great for me to play tennis.

      削除