In your culture,
what is the polite or appropriate way to;
- greet someone - receive a gift - say goodbye
- show respect to someone - be polite to someone?
Write an essay in response to one of the questions with an
Intro, Body, and Conclusion.
[Intro] When someone gives a gift in a formal situation, most people in Japan tend to receive a
gift in a well-behaved manner.
[Body] [SS-1]
First, the receiver tries to look surprised
by the gift because they don’t want the giver to think it was expected.<= [SD-1] In
some cases, the receiver often tries to refuse to take
the gift until the giver repeatedly asks to take it. [SS-2] Also,
people don’t open the gift right away
because they’re afraid to look childish.<= [SD-2] They don’t
want to mess around the place with the wrapping paper, either.
[Conclusion] Neither the giver nor the
receiver of a gift wants to make a big deal of it in Japan,
at least in a formal situation.
(116 words)
Before I eat something, I make a point of saying “Itadakimasu”.
返信削除First, itadakimasu means gratitude to food and to serve dishes.
When I eat dinner with my family, we say that at that time because it also means let’s having a dinner together. Second, it’s important for us to thank people make dish. When I make dinner or sweets, my family always says “gotisousama”and tells impressions of them. I think I want to make something the next again to see their behave. Nowadays, I sometimes see people using smartphone during they eat, but I think they should be enjoy eating.
100 words. Does “I” represent Japanese culture???
削除gratitude to food=> for the food to serve dishes=> for the person who …
When I …, we … =>
It also means <= why “also”? let’s having a dinner=>
people make dish=> “gotisousama”<= why you bring this up?
I think I want to …<= Is this about Japanese culture?
Nowadays, … <= This is just your another opinion, not explainint the TS!
Before I eat something, I make a point of saying “Itadakimasu”. First, itadakimasu means we thank to food and for the person who make dishes.When my family eat dinner, we say that at the same time because it means to start having a dinner together.Second the word which is the same meaning is not available in other countries. Saying Itadakimasu before people start eating is a Japanese unique culture. It express how Japanese people show gratitude for ingredients and people make dish. I think it’s a valuable culture and I want to keep saying itadakimasu.
削除When being polite to someone, most people in Japan smile and don't say things directly.
返信削除First, people smile to appear cheerful and kind. smiling makes it easier to talk to people without giving them a bad impression.
Also, they don't say things directly. By not being direct, you can eliminate pressure and give a gentle impression.
To be polite, it is important to be kind and indirect.
67 words. Is smiling unique to Japan?
削除Appear=> look
Also, they …=> Also, Japanese people … eliminate=> reduce
Any examples???
To be polite,… <= Is this about Japan?
Shizuka
返信削除When someone greet someone who doesn’t know much, most people in Japan tend to greet with a bow.
Bow has some kind of level, for example small bow and more political bow. When they say “good morning “ with someone while walking, they bow their head a little. Also, When they greet someone important to them, they bow more deeply. Bowing is one of ways to show them respect.
For Japanese, bowing is not just only moving, but also the tool of keeping a cooperative relationship.
86 words. Try to remember the phrases you read or learned.
削除When someone greet someone=> who doesn’t …, most people … => When we … in Japan, we …
Bow has …=> There are … For example, when … Also, when we …
Bowing is … them respect<= Who???
For Japanese people/In Japanese culture, … moving<=??? the tool of=> it is a way to …
Asami
返信削除Japanese people tend to show polite by using "keigo" in Japanese.
Most of people use "keigo" when they first meet. "Keigo " helps poeple maintain an appropriate distance in their relationships. They can talk with people in a polite manner.
Also, many students show polite to their teachers by using "keigo".
If some students want to talk with their teachers, they have to use "keigo". Their teachers are likely to feel comfortable if students use "keigo".
Many people want to show polite to other people by using "keigo".
88 words.
削除show polite=>
What is keigo??? any example?
If some=> When students ...
Japanese people tend to show respect by using ''keigo'' in Japanese.
削除For example, if they want to convey to someone the words that their boss said to them, you say ''ossharu'' instead of ''iu''.
Most people use ''keigo'' when they first meet. ''Keigo'' helps people maintain an appropriate distance in their relationships. They can talk with polite manners.
Also, mamy students show respect to their teachers by using ''keigo''. When students want to talk with their teachers, they have to use ''keigo''. Their teachers are likely to feel comfortable if they use ''keigo''.
Many people want to show respect to other people by using ''keigo''.