What does becoming an adult mean to the young? In Japan, 20-year-old has been considered the age to be adult since 1876. When a person reaches the age of adulthood, they are responsible for themselves legally and socially and allowed to drink alcohol and smoke. There is even an official ceremony, called The Coming of Age Festival, to welcome new adults every year in January, where all new adults are celebrated by their respective local communities.
In Japan, when a person reaches the age of 18, he or she can get a driver’s license, vote for elections, and get married if their guardians agree. After 2022 when the new laws take effect, they can marry without a parental consent, borrow loans and apply for credit cards, but they still have to wait to become 20 either to smoke or drink.
Do you think 18 is the right age to be regarded as an adult?
At what age should people be regarded as adults?
=> Speak your opinion in 60 sec.
What do you think if this new law took effect immediately?
What do you think if this new law took effect immediately?
=> Write your opinion in four to six sentences.
このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。
返信削除I wouldn’t do anything special such as applying for credit cards and marrying.
返信削除We wouldn’t be old enough to have responsibility without parents’ protection of law.
We wouldn’t have to use the right which are allowed from 18.
We must learn how difficult we live alone and do everything by ourselves.
MAYBE I confuse.
返信削除Because I didn't have enough responsibility.
So I maybe think it is too early.
And I think 20 is too early, too.
I think it is too fast.
削除Because 18 is too fast to have enough responsibility.
I think even 20 is too fast.
For example, some of univercity student take stupid picture for twitter.
I don't think it's good idea.
返信削除I can't be responsible immediately.
We are just high school students.
School teach nothing to us to be responsible adults.
I don't think I can be an adult immediately.
People who are adults now didn’t learn anything about responsibility, either.
削除How are you going to learn it without others’ teaching?
I think I don't do anything special.
返信削除I don't know what I can get benefit from this change.
I wonder what the adult cheremony would be like.
But it's strange if the adult age set like Edo period.
I feel nervous because I think I have no responsibility while I'm high school student.
返信削除The age of 18 is still taken care of by parents so we can't decide anything by myself.
We have to learn the world more deeply until 20.
I don't think it is good for people who are 18 years old.
返信削除When we are 18 years old, we have entrance exam.
They are busy studing for the exam so they can't go to the celemony.
Also, people who are 18 years old don't have enough knowlage.
It is difficlut for them to take responsibility.
We can use credit card and make loans when we become 18.
返信削除But we do not know about the bad aspects in detail.
It is dangerous for us to use them without knowing the risks.
Also we cannot take responsibility for our deed.
I think I cant have responsible for myself .
返信削除Almost such people go to highschool,and they don't konw how the system of the society is.Teacher don't teach how to live by myselves.They need parents for help to do something important .
So I don't think it 's benefit for us.