Read the situation.
Your friend Martin has a problem. Bob, a
student in Martin's class, invited Martin to go to a concert. Martin said
"yes," but now he doesn't want to go. He wants to stay home. But he's
afraid Bob will be upset.
Martin asks you, "What should I
do?"
Should he lie to Bob, tell the truth or go with
him?
Write your advice to Martin in six to ten sentences.
☆
Try These!
you’d better, you may want to, you could, (in order) not to,
hurt
one’s feeling, make ~ (feel) adj, try –ing,
instead of –ing, suggest
TS: You’d better go to the concert and enjoy it
with Bob as you promised
if you want to be a good friend with him.
SS-1: You made a promise to your friend when you
accepted his invitation to the concert.
<=
Would you like to break a promise you made yourself to your dear
friend?
<= He will
not be happy if you change your mind because he must be looking forward to
going to the concert with you.
<= And I would assume you’ll feel bad if you break a promise or tell him a lie.
SS-2: Also, you said you now prefer staying home but you
never know how exciting or enjoyable
the concert might be.
<= You can
stay home and listen to music anytime you like
but you can’t enjoy the excitement you may experience at the concert
there.
CS: I’d strongly suggest that
you should go and enjoy the concert
with your friend as you promised.
I’m sure you’ll have a great time and feel good after
all.
If you realy don't want to go,you may want to tell him a lie.
返信削除You can make excuse like "I have to take care of my grandma becouse she became sick".
In this way,you may get over your difficulties this time.
However, It can't solve basic problem.
I think you don't like him so much.
You have to tell him your real feelings.
You should tell Bob a small lie not to hurt Bob.
返信削除I think it is better to telling a lie than telling the truth for him.
If you tell the truth, he must be upset.
While the small lie doesn't hurt him.
You should lie him such as "I have another plan that day so I won't to be able to go to a concert with you".
This lie does't hurt and also you don't need to go to a concert.
So you'd better lie to Bob.
You should try telling Bob a lie.
返信削除I think you don't need to go that you don't want go.
Because it's waste your time.
You'd better do your favorite things in your free time.
You should spend your free time very useful.
It's one of a good way to use your free time.
Another reason, if you'll tell him the truth, he might can be sad.
Telling the truth sometimes make people's feeling hurt.
His feeling will be sure to hurt you.
So you should tell him a lie to protect his feeling.
Thank you your advice
削除Your advice is very good.
I think I should spend my free time useful too.
I must make good lie that protect his feeing early.
You should lie to Bob.
返信削除If you tell the truth,you hurt his feeling.It makes some problems between you and him.
If you go with him,you waste your time and you are boring.He may find that you are boring.It makes him boring and it may cause a fight.
If you lie to him,there is no problem.So,It is the best way.
I agree with your idea.
削除I don't want to make problems between him or fight him.
Telling a lie protect our friend ship. I think it's a most important point.
Thank you for advicing me.
In my opinion,you should go with him.
返信削除Bob must be looking forward to go to a concert with you.
He will become sad and upset if you don't go to a concert.
You'll hurt his mind not to go with him.
And also,you should have responsibility for your saying.
It isn't honest for people to break a promise..
You said "yes," to Bob,so you have to go with him.
I agree with you to pay attention to my statement.
削除I said "yes",so I should go.
I needed to decline his offer before saying "yes".
In this time, I'm going to concert with him.
I agree with you.
削除I think I should have responsibility what I said to Bob as you said.
And also breaking a promise isn't a good thing.
So, I am going to go a concert with him.