Write a paragraph about your favorite sport to play or
watch.
A. Brainstorm/p.113: what, why, when, where, who
-> B.
Plan:
Begin your paragraph with a topic
sentence (TS) that introduces your main idea.
Write
two supporting sentences (SS-1, SS-2)
with a supporting detail (explanation/example) for each SS.
with a supporting detail (explanation/example) for each SS.
Model Writing (IQ Online: Practice: Writing Tutor Model)TS:
SS-1: I like to bike often. I
usually ride my bike three times a week.
D: Sometimes I meet my friend Gavin early in the morning, and we
bike together before school.
D: It is exciting because we see
different parts of the city. <= SS because D
SS-2: I like biking because it makes me feel
better.
D: For example, I am tired when I wake up, but after I
bike, I feel strong and healthy.
D: It is nice to be outside and free!
American football is my favorite to watch.
返信削除I like to watch American football in winter. I usually watch it on TV with my dad.
Sometimes we but tickets and go to watch the game.
It is very exciting because it's very dangerous sports to play.
My favorite tournament is Super Bowl in America.
It decide no.1 team in the year.
It will hold three weeks later.
American football is my favorite sport to watch.
削除Sometimes we buy tickets and go to watch the game.
It will be held three weeks later.
#3 ... to the stadium to watch a game
削除#6 It decides the champion of the year
#7 This year's game will ...
or It is usually held at the end of January
American football is my favorite sport to watch.
削除I like to watch American football in winter. I usually watch it on TV with my dad.
Sometimes we buy tickets and go to the stadium to watch a game.
It is very exciting because it's very dangerous sports to play.
My favorite tournament is Super Bowl in America.
It decides the champion of the year.
This year's game will be held three weeks later.
My favorite sport is volley ball.
返信削除I like it because we often have a long rally though it is required skills.
I play volley ball once a week at school.
If we toss and receive well, the rally continues more than 3 or 4 turns.
Also, it makes us happy and we can get the teamwork.
When I score on the game, all of my teammates glad to it.
My favorite sport is volley ball and I play it once a week at school.
削除I like volley ball because we often have a long rally though it requires skills.
Also, it makes us happy and we can develop our teamwork.
When I score on the game, all of my teammates are glad to it.
#5 ... score in a game, ... congratulate me
削除When someone score during the game, all the teammates congratulate him (on the performance)
My favorite sport is volley ball and I play it once a week at school.
削除I like volley ball because we often have a long rally though it requires skills.
If we toss and receive well, the rally continues more than 3 or 4 turns.
Also, it makes us happy and we can develop our teamwork.
When someone score during the game, all the teammates congratulate him on the performance.
My favorite sports is basketball.
返信削除I like to play basketball.I usually play basketball four times a week.
A day without club activity, I sometimes play basketball with my friend at park. It is very good thing that doing exercise for ourselves in a holiday.
I like playing basketball because I can realize many important things.
For example the importance of fellowship and the importance of the time.
This made me grow.
#1, 2, 3=> Write in one sentence.
削除#4 Even when we don't practice it at school, I ...
#6 Also, I like ... learn ...
#8 These help me grow myself
Basketball is my favorite sport to watch.
返信削除I like it because I'm member of basketball team and I'm a manager.
I support to my team mates and I sometime play it.
I like it because watching games is interesting.
When my team mates play the games I enjoy and cheer them up.
I'm a manager of school basketball team
削除I support to my team mates and I sometimes play it with them.
When my team mates play a game I enjoy and cheer them up.
#4 Also, I like...
削除#5 => I enjoy watching my teammates play a game and also cheering them up
Basketball is my favorite sport to watch.
削除I'm a manager of school basketball team
I support to my team mates and I sometimes play it with them.
Also, I like it because watching games is interesting.
I enjoy watching my teammates play a game and also cheering them up.
My favorite sport is table tennis.
返信削除I like it because I play table tennis three times a week at my school.
It’s exciting because we can challenge new techniques.
Table tennis has a lot of technic for use the game.
I like to play table tennis because we can make strength mental health.
We usually do hard training to be a good table tennis player.
When we can win the game, we’re very happy.
#1, 2=> ... and I play it three ...
削除#3 challenge=> develop, try
#4 We can use various techniques during the game
#5 Also, I can strengthen ...
#6 We train hard to
#7 a game,
My favorite sport is table tennis and I play it three times a week at my new school.
削除It’s exciting because we can develop new techniques.
We can use various techniques during the game.
Also, I can strengthen my mental health.
We train hard to be a good table tennis player.
When we can win a game, we’re very happy.
My favorite sport is baseball.
返信削除I like playing baseball with my friends. I usually play it four times a week. Sometimes I play game with other school.
It’s is very exciting and refreshing when my team win.
I have a favorite baseball player.
My favorite baseball player is Yamada.
He can run fast and make a lot of home runs.
Which sentence is SS-1 and its Ds???
削除SS-2: This is not about your favorite player but about why you like baseball.
My favorite sport is baseball.
削除I like playing baseball with my friends. I usually play it four times a week. Sometimes I play game with other school.
I like baseball because It’s is very exciting and refreshing when my team win.
My favorite sport is skiing.
返信削除I usually go snow mountain every year.
It is very exciting and fun.
I like skiing because I can realize the beauty of nature.
When you are skiing in the mountain, you can see in front of the mountain or more over.
It is very beautiful to me.
#2 go to a/name ...
削除usually... every year<=???
#3 ... to ...
#4 ... can enjoy ...
#5 you=> I
#6 I enjoy seeing ...
My favorite sport is volleyball.
返信削除volleyball is good to play with teammates.
It feels great when I get points in cooperation with my teammates.
The real pleasure is to cooperate with teammates which cannot be done alone.
I like volleyball because it that do not compete for the ball.
It is interesting to connect the balls and connect them to score points.
The attack to get the opponent to drop the ball is cool.
#2 => I like it because it is a team sport.
削除#3 => I feel/It makes me feel ...
get a point with the help of my teammates.
#5, 6=> Also, I like ... because we try to keep the rally going instead of chasing it.
#7 => ... to keep the ball alive and score a point.
#8 => When we score a point, we are all excited.
I like it because it is a team sport.
削除I feel great when I get a point with the help of my teammates.
Also, I like volleyball because we try to keep the rally going instead of chasing.
The attack to keep the ball alive and score a point.
When we score a point, we are all excited.