2019年5月27日月曜日

Writing-Sr.2-May 27

1. Brainstorm: Think of names and come up one to write about
2. Plan: List what you know about the name, Research if needed-> Think why you like the name 

3.  Write five to eight sentences about a name (person/pet, place, brand/product, store, team/band, etc.) you like. 
Use the simple present (Grammar/p.18) and vocabulary from Reading-1.
Refer to Chicago/p.16, Celedonio/p.17

[Introduction] I like ~. -> It’s the name of … -> It means …  It was named after …
[Explain-1] The name ~  It makes me think of/feel … It sounds/recalls…  I like the name because…
[Explain-2] Also, Another reason, It also makes me think of/feel … 
[Conclusion]  The name ~ makes me feel …, (Name) is the name I …
Try These!      - imagine, sound, associate, remind, recall, mean, make me ~

21 件のコメント:

  1. I like the name Mrs.GREEN APPLE. It's the name of my favorite band.
    We may imagine a lady of a green apple when we hear this name, and it is very unique.
    Also, the words that used in this name has some special meanings. The word "Mrs." sounds sexless and soft, and a green apple is a fresh and popular fruit. Actually, there are both man and woman members in this band and it is popular among many people in Japan.
    Anyway, this name makes me interested in the band and I like this name so much.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 97 words.
      Very well written and explained the meaning of the name. But why do you like the name?
      #4 A grammar error!
      #5 why does "Mrs." sound sexless?

      削除
    2. I like the name Mrs.GREEN APPLE. It's the nome of my favorite band.
      We may imagine a lady of a green apple when we hear this name, and it is very unique.
      Another reason, the words that used in this name has some special meanings. The common image of band members are men, but there is the word "Mrs." that is used for a lady. It sounds sexless and softy. Also, a green apple is a fresh and popular fruit. Actually, there are both man and woman members in this band and it is popular among many people in Japan.
      Anyway, this name makes me fun and interested, so I like this name so much.

      削除
  2. I like my name Mao, which my grandmohter named.
    I was named after Kukai because my grandmother wants me to follow my family tradition to do calligraphy. He was known as a very famous calligrapher and in fact, his name when he was a child was Mao. I've learned calligraphy for 13 years as she hoped and I like practicing it.
    Also, I like the meaning of its chinese character " Be true to myself".
    It has good balance to write and nice sound.
    The name always gives me confidence to work hard and to be honest.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 97 words.
      Very well explained and written.
      #1 ~, which was given … #3 => famous calligrapher whose name …
      #4 ~ as she hoped <= Who is “she”?
      #6 It has good balance=> When the name is written, the letters look ~ and when it is pronounced, it sounds …
      #7 gives me confidence to=> encourages me to …

      削除
    2. I like my name Mao, which was given by my grandmohter.
      I was named after Kukai because my grandmother wants me to follow my family tradition to do calligraphy. He was a famous calligrapher whoese name was Mao when he was a child. I've learned calligraphy for 13 years as my grandmother hoped and I like practicing it.
      The another reason is I like the meaning of its chinese character " Be true to myself". When the name is written, the letters look beautiful and when it is pronounced, it sounds clear.
      The name always encourages me to work hard and to be honest even if I face difficulties.

      削除
  3. My favorite name is Ohtani. It’s the name of a famous baseball player. He was on my favorite baseball team and now, he is making good hitting grades in mejor leaugues. When I hear his name in sports news, I’m often encouraged. When I remember him,I think I have to study or play sport harder. Also, the name sounds strong because he’s playing is very strong..For these reasons, my favorite name is Ohtani.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 73 words. Clearly explained and written.
      What does Ohtani means in Japanese?
      #3 ~ was …<= when? hitting grades=> batting average in M~ L~ B~ <=Proper noun!!!!!
      #4 encouraged to do what?
      #6 he’s playing is very strong=>

      削除
    2. ‘‘Oh’’ means big and ‘‘Tani’’ means valley.
      He was on my favorite baseball team untill 2017 and he is keeping high batting average in Major Leauges Baseball. When I hear him good news, I’m encouraged and think I have to study and play tennis harder. Also the name sounds strong because I saw his powerful hitting and throwing many times on TV.

      削除
  4. I like the name of place Royal Bay.
    It's the name of the school in Canada that I will go to while my study abroad.
    It means a bay which is royal.
    I like the name sound because royal is used always good mean, like royal milk tea,royal family, and so on.
    I think royal is used something special.
    Also, when I heard Royal Bay, I imaged a something special ocean.
    In conclusion, Royal Bay is the name I like.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 80 words. Well organized.
      #2 while my study abroad=> while I’ll be …
      #3 unnecessary because the name says so.
      #4 good mean=> #5 I think …=> Royal is used when …
      #5 why the past tense? special ocean<=???

      削除
    2. I like the name of place Royal Bay.
      It's the name of the school in Canada that I will go to while I'll be in my study abroad.
      I like the name sound because royal is used when something is special like royal milk tea, royal family, and so on.
      Also, when I hear Royal Bay, I always image a something beautiful bay.
      In conclusion, Royal Bay is the name I like.

      削除
  5. I like my family name ”Imamaki". It's rare family name in Japan. It was named after farmer. Also "Ima" means surround something and "Maki" means cowhand at farm.
    The name sometimes makes me happy when I introduce my name to a person I meet for the first time. The person is said that my family name is rare and he or she has never heard my family name.
    Also, another reason, I like my family name's Kanji and sounds. The Japanese name's is well shaped when I write my name of kanji.
    For these reasons I like my rare family name.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 101 words.
      Well organized and explained.
      #2, 3 missing “a”
      #3 ~ who …
      #4 What does "Ima" mean? Surround something<=?????
      #6 ~ is said …<=???
      #8 ~ name's is well shaped=> The shape of the letter looks …

      削除
    2. It's a rare family name in Japan. It was named after a farmer who
      "Ima" means the present, however another meaning which used to use at ancient time is force to surround something such as prey of animals.

      削除
  6. I like the song, Hanamzuki which is sung by HitotoYo recentely because I learnd about it at school. It was named after flower's name, flowering dogwoods.It seems simple and beautiful name. The name makes me think of that it is matcing the beauty of flowering dogwoods and lylics of someone's love. Also, Another reason, It also makes me think of long history between Japan and the U.S. So the name means to pay world peace. The name Hanamizuki makes me feel not only beautiful flower's name but also war isn't best way to solve the problems.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 96 words.
      You need to reorganize the sentences to explain more clearly and simply.
      #1 song=> the name of a song called ~ sung by … because …<=?????
      #3 adjective and noun??? #4 ~ think of that it is=> ~ think of (noun phrase)
      #5 Also, Another reason, It also=> Explain why.
      #6 pay world peace<=?????

      削除
    2. I like the name of a song called Hanamizuki sung by HitotoYo recentely.
      It was named after flower's name,flowering dogwoods.
      The name makes me think of matching the beauty of flowering dogwoods and the lilycs was written for someone's love. For another reason, it also makes me think of long history between Japan and the U.S. So the name means to pay world peace beacause there were long flower history.The name Hanamizuki makes me feel not only beautiful flower's name but also war isn't best way to solve the problems

      削除
  7. I like Alexandros the best.
    It is the name of Japanese Rock musician.
    The name, Alexandros, always makes me happy because of my favorite musician.
    Another reason, it imagines strong and brave becsause this name comes from King of Alexandros who killed lion by himself.
    The name always helps me when I feel sad or busy.
    As a resoult, I like Alexandros the best.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 64 words.
      Well organized. Missing “a” in a some sentences.
      Combine #2 and #3 into one sentence.
      #4 it imagines => it makes me feel/think …
      #5 … helps me … when …
      #6 As a resoult,=>

      削除
    2. The name, Alexandros, always makes me happy because of my favorite Japanese Rock musician.
      Also, it makes me feel storong and brave because this name comes from King of Alexandros who killed a lion by himself.
      The name always helps me happy when I feel sad or busy.
      In conclusion, I like Alexandros the best.

      削除