2020年12月12日土曜日

MGL-Eligibility-Sr.2-Dec.12

The three key differences between Greek democracy and ours 
Eligibility
      - Only adult male citizens in ancient Greek democracy
      - Women suffrage: women can vote in every country that has elections
      - Voting age: mostly 18 years old and older

Is voting a right or duty? Why?
Write your answer in three to five sentences. (50 words)

[Example] 
TS: I think voting is a duty for all eligible citizens.
SS-1: An election is an opportunity to reflect people’s voices.
   <= SD: If only few people vote, other voices won’t be reflected to make or change laws.
SS-2: Also, every citizen is part of the society or community.
   <= SD: People are responsible for making the society or community a better place.

16 件のコメント:

  1. I think voting is duty.
    To vote is to change our society, so everyone's opinion is needed.
    For example, if a lot of seniors and a few of young adults vote, the consequence of election depends on seniors. People who don't vote make their influence down in social because of their behavior.
    I think everyone must go voting for themselves.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 60 words
      #2 => Election is to make the society a better place, …
      #3 Why?
      #4 make their influence down in social=> If people want their voices heard/reflected to …

      削除
  2. I think voting is a right.
    The right to vote should be admitted for everyone.
    A situation that someone don’t have the right to vote is bigger problem than that someone don’t vote.
    Also, people who don’t vote must think that any president is ok.
    That is one of the answer with the right to vote.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 56 words.
      #2 admitted=> given/granted
      everyone=> all eligible citizens
      #3 => It is unfair if …
      #4 president <=???
      What does this sentence support/explain?

      削除
  3. I think voting is a duty.
    Women spent a lot of time and effort to get the right of suffrage.
    We shouldn't waste it and we should understand their feelings.
    Also, we make our own society ourselves, so we have to be interested in the politics.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 46 words
      #3 …it and we should …=> their effort to become eligible to vote.
      #4 … have to be interested in=> should take part in/participate in politics through elections.

      削除
  4. I think voting is a duty.
    Voting exists to change our life.
    So, it is said people who didn't vote should't complain about what our government did or do.
    That's why I think voting is a duty.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 37 words.
      #2 … our society and our own lives.
      Write another sentence (SD) to explain #2
      #3 => People who …
      #4 unnecessary

      削除
  5. I think voting is a right.
    I think only people who are interested in politics should vote.
    It is not good to judge voting with young people who are not interested or familiar with politics.
    I also think there’s is a problem of capability of man and women.
    There is data that men are more advantage in politics.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 58 words
      #2, #4 Do NOT write “I think” to explain what you think (TS).
      #2 => Those who aren’t … don’t have to …
      #3 => If someone isn’t sure or old enough to judge who or which party to vote for, they …
      #4 => Also, not everyone is capable to make a sound judgement
      #5 Which data?

      削除
  6. I think voting is duty.
    Voting is important for us.
    First reason is we choose representative fo us so voting accept all of them opinion
    Second resone is if the number of people not to vote nation would not to go good direction

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 43 words
      #2 => First, voting …
      #3 => We choose our representatives to make our voices heard in politics.
      #4 => Second, If there are too many people who don’t vote, the nation …

      削除
  7. I think voting is a duty.
    Voting is a very essential for the politics, nation and the future of the country.
    Elected people can adopt a policy to change and it has an impact on our life.
    That’s why i think voting is a duty.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 45 words
      #2 => Elections are very …
      #3 … change and make the country better.
      #4 Unnecessary. Explain #3 more in another sentence.

      削除
  8. I think voting is right and I have two reasons.
    First, I think not voting is one of the opinions.
    If the person couldn't decide the voting destination, they don't needed to vote.
    Second, I think country shouldn't force opinions.
    Voting should be made with each person's desire to vote.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 50 words.
      #2, 4 Do NOT write “I think” in SS to explain what you think (TS)
      #2 => Voting is a process to reflect our opinions to politics.
      #3 => If someone can’t …
      #4 => Voting is an opportunity.
      #5 => It should not be done by force but by people’s will.

      削除